The “Extended Enterprise” Worldview
What exactly do we mean by the term “extended enterprise”? Think of learning programs that reach beyond employees. For instance, in the corporate world, that could include customers, prospects, channel partners, franchisees, contractors, suppliers and perhaps employees, too.
However, serving diverse audiences can be tricky. And with more than 1000 enterprise-class learning systems available, finding the right solution is more challenging than ever.
When faced with so much complexity, how can you choose a solution with confidence?
Recently, we helped association leaders answer that question with a special “LMS Buyers Companion” post, filled with free resources for continuing education providers. Its popularity spread like wildfire.
So now we’re publishing a similar guide just for corporate learning decision makers. We invite you to bookmark this page as a handy virtual reference. But if you need direct guidance at any point, feel free to contact me to request a preliminary phone consultation at your convenience.
Inside the “Extended Enterprise LMS Buyers Companion”
This free collection of LMS selection resources includes:
- PODCASTS – “Hot topic” interviews with business-minded learning practitioners and innovators on The Talented Learning Show
- BLOG POSTS – Independent advice, straight from our analysts and other experts
- WEBINARS – In-depth sessions focused on key extended enterprise LMS issues and related business strategies
- WHITEPAPERS – Relevant insights you can download and read anytime
- AWARDS – Our choices for this year’s Top Extended Enterprise Learning Systems – including our rationale for each selection
Read highlights and listen to complete 30-minute interviews from The Talented Learning Show:
1) Why is customer education gaining momentum?
Customer Education 101 – With Dave Derington of Outreach
2) How do channel education networks drive revenue?
Extended Channel Training – With Doug Gastich of BlueVolt
3) How does a modern LMS support franchise success?
The Inside Scoop on Global Franchise Training – With Chris Shanks of Dairy Queen
4) How can training providers share online content more broadly?
Extending Learning Content Availability – With Troy Gorostiza of Course Container
5) Why pick open source as an extended enterprise learning foundation?
Open Source LMS Advantages – With Lars Hyland of Totara
6) How do subscription businesses help customers succeed?
SaaS Customer Success – With Samma Hafeez of Thought Industries
7) How do brands drive training engagement among franchisees?
Franchise Training Adoption – With Trista Kimber of Hooters
8) How is xAPI transforming enterprise learning analytics?
Business Benefits of xAPI – With Mike Rustici of Watershed
Independent advice from our analysts and expert guest authors:
1) Top learning systems trends: 2019 extended enterprise market guide
Which technology and business factors are shaping the extended enterprise LMS market? Check key issues and opportunities…
2) Starting a customer education program: The inside story
What does effective customer training look like? Prepare for success with advice from customer education expert Adam Avramescu of Slack…
3) How do you find an LMS that nails extended enterprise learning?
What’s the best way to select a learning system that truly fits your extended enterprise needs? Walk through a real-world scenario…
4) What to expect in a partner-focused LMS
What features should you look for in a channel learning system? Here’s what you need to run a successful sales partner training program…
5) Marketing never ends: How does product education help?
Converting leads to customers is only part of the modern marketing mission. Product education is also key. Intercom’s customer engagement leader explains why…
6) Should you use an employee LMS for extended enterprise learning in 2019 and beyond?
The top question we hear as LMS selection consultants: “Should we use our employee LMS for external learning programs?” Here’s how we respond…
7) Customer engagement metrics: What marketers can teach learning pros
What kind of business impact should you expect from customer engagement? Marketing consultant Laura Patterson outlines 3 key success metrics…
8) What’s the smartest path to the right LMS? Ask a learning tech analyst
What should you consider when determining your extended enterprise LMS needs? This Q&A addresses common questions…
9) Extended enterprise learning systems shift into high gear
Why are extended enterprise learning systems gaining ground so quickly? These factors are driving demand…
10) Is your business data worth keeping?
Business data is vital. But are you collecting too much data for your own good? Digital transformation consultant Daniel Newman weighs in…
11) Should you use an RFP when choosing an LMS?
Requests for proposal are highly controversial. Some love them. Others hate them. But here’s why you’ll probably want to use an RFP the next time you select a learning system…
12) Define your LMS requirements like a pro
Learn how to outline your needs so you’ll find the best solution at the best price…
Register for any one of these free sessions, and you’ll gain access to our entire library of webinars and other resources at The Talented Learning Center!
1) How does partner education lift business performance for all?
Roundtable with Gary Brashear, VP Marketing, BlueVolt
Laura Pierce, Marketing Communications Director at Shurtape Technologies
2) How does product training accelerate customer time-to-value?
Featuring Samma Hafeez, VP of Customer Success, Thought Industries
3) What steps lead to extended enterprise LMS success?
Join me one-on-one for this special how-to session
4) How can you drive learning in hard-to-reach places?
Roundtable with Bill Mastin, EVP of Sales & Alliances, PeopleFluent
Carrie Hancock, Director of Sales, PeopleFluent
Ross Coxon, Director of Learning Collaborative, Humentum
5) What’s the anatomy of a high-impact learning experience?
Roundtable with Paul Morton, Regional Director, CrossKnowledge
Anja Emonds, Research Manager, CrossKnowledge Academy
6) How does extended enterprise training drive growth?
Roundtable with Lars Hyland, CLO, Totara Learning
Charles Ackerman, Sr. Solutions Strategist, Remote-Learner
Darren LaRue, Product Training Specialist, JLG Industries
7) What techniques engage external audiences in learning?
Featuring Kevin Hanegan, CLO at Qlik
Download insights from our analysts – free when you register at the Talented Learning Center:
Which corporate extended enterprise learning systems stand out from the rest? Learn about our 27 choices for 2019 and why we recommend them. For the full story, see our awards analysis: Talented Learning LMS Awards – Corporate Extended Enterprise Systems
Community Brands Crowd Wisdom
Learndot by ServiceRocket
WANT TO LEARN MORE? JOIN THIS ON-DEMAND WEBINAR!
With hundreds of learning systems available today, finding the right LMS for your unique extended enterprise needs can be tricky. What exactly should you do to choose the best solution?
Walk step-by-step through a real-world example with John Leh, CEO and Lead Analyst at Talented Learning. You’ll learn:
- How to develop a relevant business case and success metrics
- Methods for researching and defining use cases and requirements
- When to issue an RFP (or not)
- Tips for creating a viable LMS shortlist
- How to make the most of vendor demos and proof-of-concept projects
Still confused about which LMS is best for your association’s needs? I’m here to help. Feel free to contact me anytime to schedule a preliminary phone consultation: