A few months ago we noticed that, although there’s an abundance of information about employee-oriented learning software, there wasn’t a central place online to find unbiased information about extended enterprise learning systems. An extended enterprise LMS supports learning efforts for non-employees, including channel partners, customers, prospects, members, franchises, resellers and distributors. Those are huge and very strategic audiences for businesses, so finding the right extended enterprise LMS is an important decision. That’s why decided to fill the information gap by founding Talented Learning.
We began by reviewing LMS software, compiling extended enterprise case studies from each vendor and categorizing those scenarios by industry. As it turns out, companies in the high-technology sector are early adopters of extended enterprise learning. Why?
- Their products are constantly changing
- The have many non-employees who sell, implement and service the equipment
- Customers need to learn how to use the products
- Prospects need to be self-educated
There is really no other way to get the information out other than using learning, social and mobile technology. What are the measurable benefits hi-tech organizations see from educating their extended enterprise — including channel partners, customers and prospects?
- Educating prospects translates into new sales with less active sales effort
- Increase sales from existing customers
- Improve your brand loyalty
- Reduce customer support calls and increase customer satisfaction
- Expand into new global areas and markets easier
Here are the top 10 examples of hi-tech companies educating their extended enterprise and achieving those measurable results:
- Autodesk, via ExpertusONE, creates a compelling, community-based channel ecosystem to educate sales partners faster, easier and more effectively than ever
- Learn how ADP improves client retention and fuels business growth using Saba Software for their virtual classroom, learning and content development projects
- Caspio: Case Study on Customer eLearning and Marketing published on Talented Learning
- DocuSign uses Cornerstone to train tens of thousands of clients
- Learn how software provider KOFAX reduced training costs by 80% with Mindflash used to support channel, customers and employees
- Hitachi Data Systems wanted to consolidate global learning needs under one learning organization to better serve their employees, partners, and customers worldwide with Saba
- Progress Software Uses NetDimensions to Deliver L&D to partners and customers
- VeeamSoftware, a Swiss IT company, provides content to over 50,000 channel partners resulting in 3000 engagements per month and 10,000 certifications with Docebo
- Vitera Healthcare Solutions delivers new client training for their end-to-end clinical and financial technology solutions with eLogic Learning’s eSSential LMS
- Yammer uses Mindflash to sell courses for their partner certification
Is it time you thought about extended enterprise learning? Your competitors are!
Do you have even better examples of hi-tech prospect, customer, partner or channel training? Please let us know in the comments below or contact us at Talented@TalentedLearning.com.
Thanks for reading!
Want more insights? Watch our on-demand webinar:
There is tremendous diversity among the nearly 700 learning management systems available today. And when customer education is a top priority, it pays for organizations to choose an LMS designed specifically for that purpose.
What exactly are the business benefits of choosing a specialized learning management system (rather than an employee-oriented LMS) to support customer learning initiatives?
Join John Leh, Talented Learning lead analyst and CEO, and Terry Lydon, VP of Training Operations Projects at Litmos, as they explain the value of choosing an externally focused LMS. Specifically, they discuss: You’ll learn:
- How to quantify the benefits of customer learning
- Which factors set a customer LMS apart from employee-focused platforms
- What case studies reveal about the value of customer learning technology
- How to find the best LMS for your customers’ needs, and
- 5 areas of innovation unique to customer LMS solutions
Need Proven LMS Selection Guidance?
Looking for a learning platform that truly fits your organization’s needs? We’re here to help! Submit the form below to schedule a free preliminary consultation at your convenience.