At 27 years, Gyrus Systems has been in learning management longer than any other vendor I have reviewed. The current product, GyrusAim LMS, is a fifth generation product meaning this is the fifth complete rewrite of the application with each version adapting new technologies to the old theme of training management.
GyrusAim is a global, enterprise-strength, administratively-focused LMS with core strengths of in-depth instructor led classroom (live or virtual) management, certification, role configuration and reporting.
Gyrus Systems leveraged the best practices learned from 400+ client implementations to provide admin heavy training organizations with the deep configuration flexibility they need. First time LMS buyers will not appreciate the level of administrative sophistication because they have never encountered all the unsaid downsides of most administrative LMSs.
Examples of Gyrus functionality that are not found in most cloud LMSs include robust wait list management, enrollment rules configuration, organizational seat reservations, resource scheduling, granular role management, administrative dashboards and audit trail reporting. The GyrusAim LMS also includes robust skill and competency management and they go to the next level of multi-level skill acquisition tied to training completion.
The GyrusAim LMS includes ecommerce capabilities to facilitate the sale of content to organizations or individuals. Group based pricing, discounts, credits, coupons and PayPal integration are all included.
Primarily though, this is an internal employee, traditional LMS that can be used for extended enterprise audiences but not a LMS designed for pure extended enterprise applications. To be a full fledged extended enterprise LMS, advances will need to be made in the learner interface, storefront, social learning, gamification and user communication areas.
My assessment — Any training organization that is managing hundreds of courses, with thousands of class instances, in dozens of locations and languages, with a series of associated instructors, certifications and competencies has encountered many of the administrative challenges that the GyrusAim LMS solves.
Gyrus Systems Profile
Company Name: Gyrus Systems
LMS Name: GyrusAim
Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwVf-Mpbk2Y
5400 Glenside Drive Suite B
Henrico, Virginia 23228
Extended Enterprise Ready: Yes
Internal Employee Ready: Yes
Types of Extended Enterprise Expertise Learning Supported:
- External channel
- Public safety and emergency preparedness
- Competency based LMS
- Deep LMS admin configuration
- 100% organic development
- Focus on customer success
- Deep LMS experience
GyrusAim Extended Enterprise LMS Vitals
- Shared cloud SaaS
- Private cloud
Licensing and Certification Features:
- Award a certificate based on a course completion
- Configurable certification and recertification workflow
- Designed for managing compliance and not for advanced CEU management
Organization and Role Management:
- Advanced and extremely granular role and custom role management
- Unlimited nested organization management
- B2B and B2C support
- Sell any type of medium, program, certification or curriculum
- Establish content costs per user or group
- Discounts, promotions and charge codes
- Organizational credit accounts and debit accounts
- Provide use-based access to content or libraries
- Paypal for shopping cart and checkout
State and Global Taxation Support: None
Social Collaboration Features:
- Discussion forums
- Embed Twitter feed
- File exchange
- Native iOS and Android apps that replicate much of the learner capabilities
- Link to Gyrus’ video on mobile apps on YouTube
- LMS is not mobile responsive
- None — Under development for delivery in 2015
- Strongest aspect of GyrusAim
- Integrated skill and competency management
- Advanced course, instance and event management
- Schedule-able and consumable resource planning and management
- In depth cost tracking and analysis
- Integration with 3rd party virtual tools
- 35 language localizations
- Regional catalogs
- 150 web services for custom integration
- Active Directory
- Adobe Connect, Skype and GoTo Meeting
- Strong administrative dashboards
- Over 100 configurable reports including classroom activity, skill gap, resource usage, training progress and certificates
- Audit trail reporting
- Export reports to Excel, PDF, Tiff, CSV and XML
- Custom reports via Report Builder or pro services engagement
Are You Shopping for a LMS and Need Help?
Are you shopping for a LMS and having trouble sorting out what you need and what is out there? John can help. Fill out the for below to schedule a complimentary consultation call.
About Talented Learning LMS Reviews
Talented Learning’s LMS reviews provide initial screening of vendors for extended enterprise suitability. LMS vendors have lots of information on their websites, free trials, private demos, case studies, position papers, press releases and social media sites. We review and summarize all of this information to determine if a vendor has a focus on extended enterprise learning technology, where that focus is and what type of solutions they provide. We’ll then follow up and really dig into the information so you don’t have to. Today’s LMS review is on the Gyrus Systems’ GyrusAim LMS.
Do you want your LMS reviewed? Contact us at Talented@TalentedLearning.com.